Celebrate the official start of summer with a fabulous trip to a destination with plenty of sun and fun. Some of the hottest spots for travelers are those that combine outdoor attractions and activities with history, culture, and other experiences you can’t find anywhere else. We rounded up three dazzling destinations to give you ideas on how to Get Away Your Way on summer vacation.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
History buffs love visiting the oldest city under U.S. jurisdiction, while sun-worshippers adore the gorgeous beaches and crystal-clear Caribbean waters. Puerto Rico’s capital city, San Juan, offers a bold mix of old and new. Some of the city’s must-see attractions include:
- The San Juan Historic Site, which includes forts such as San Felipe del Morro, San Juan de la Cruz, and San Cristóbal
- Walking and biking tours
- Old San Juan plazas, such as Plaza de San José and Plaza de Armas, great for opportunities to people-watch and admire architecture
- Beaches such as Balneario Escambron, Condado, Ocean Park and Isla Verde
San Diego, CA
Sun, surf, and beautiful weather – there’s no shortage of things to do and see in San Diego. With 70 miles of coastline, it isn’t surprising that the beaches are some of the city’s most prominent attractions. Catch some waves at Blacks Beach, La Jolla or Leucadia. Relax on the sparkling sands of Coronado Beach or on the laid-back, family-friendly shores of Cardiff-by-the-Sea.
Beautiful Balboa Park, spanning 1,200 acres downtown, offers great walking and biking trails, lush gardens, and the famous San Diego Zoo. This 100-acre zoo is one of the largest in the country, and it houses roughly 3,500 rare and endangered animals. For some of the hippest galleries, shops and restaurants in the city, head over to the Gaslamp Quarter, a 16-block stretch filled with Victorian buildings.
Jacksonville’s 22 miles of soft, sandy beaches are just the beginning of what this Florida city offers. It’s also home to lush waterways, excellent hiking and biking trails, diverse parks, world-class restaurants, and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Some of the top attractions here include:
- Seeing wildlife at Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary or the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
- Discovering local history and culture at the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens or Kingsley Plantation
- Shopping and people-watching at St. Johns Town Center
Ready to book your summer getaway? Visit www.allegiant.com today!