LAS VEGAS. April 19, 2016 — Allegiant (NASDAQ: ALGT) passengers were treated to a tax season surprise last weekend, as the company provided all passengers on six separate flights with surprise refunds for the airfare portion of their itinerary.
One flight per day April 15-17 was selected to be part of the campaign and three flights were selected on April 18. In total, 907 customers received refunds totaling nearly $140,000. Passengers received the good news during a surprise in-flight announcement as part of Allegiant’s $1 Million Summer, a campaign in which the company is giving away $1 million in airfare through the end of the summer.
“Providing surprise refunds to six flights was an incredible experience that allowed us to personally connect with our loyal customers,” said Jude Bricker, Allegiant chief operating officer. “The initiative was rewarding, not only for the passengers of those flights, but for the company, as well.”
Routes selected to receive refunds include:
- April 15, 2016: Flight 714 – Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) to Owensboro-Daviess Regional Airport (OWB).
- April 16, 2016: Flight 1404 – Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) to Punta Gorda Airport (PGD).
- April 17, 2016: Flight 757 – Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) to Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB).
- April 18, 2016: Flight 758 – Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) to Indianapolis International Airport (IND).
- April 18, 2016: Flight 897 – Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) to St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE).
- April 18, 2016: Flight 1705 – Memphis International Airport (MEM) to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL).
For downloadable content, including photos and video of the Tax Day refund promotion, please click here: http://gofly.us/4mRqi9.
Las Vegas-based Allegiant Travel Company (NASDAQ: ALGT) is focused on linking travelers in small cities to world-class leisure destinations. The company operates a low-cost, high-efficiency, all-jet passenger airline through its subsidiary, Allegiant Air, while also offering other travel-related products such as hotel rooms, rental cars, and attraction tickets. All can be purchased through the company website, Allegiant.com. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Best Small Companies by Forbes Magazine for five consecutive years. In 2014, AVIATION WEEK ranked Allegiant the Top-Performing Airline in North America for the third consecutive year. For downloadable press kit, including photos, visit: http://gofly.us/YFuyb.