LAS VEGAS. March 8, 2016 — Allegiant (NASDAQ: ALGT) today celebrates the approaching summer travel season by announcing 22 new routes, three new cities and a campaign to give away $1 million in airfare between now and the end of summer. As part of this campaign, the first 22 travelers to book their flights on each of the new routes will receive a refund for their round-trip airfare.*
Aptly titled the “$1 Million Summer,” Allegiant will work closely with partners in the communities they serve to identify travelers in need of a vacation. Allegiant is confident the campaign will provide groups and individuals travel opportunities they may not otherwise be able to take.
Allegiant’s three new cities it will be expanding its low-cost, nonstop service to include Sonoma, California; Evansville, Indiana and Albuquerque, New Mexico.
“Expanding to new cities and offering new routes is a great way for us to grow our brand of convenient, low-cost travel for millions of travelers. This year we wanted to go above and beyond for our passengers,” said Jude Bricker, Allegiant chief operating officer. “By offering $1 million worth of free flights, we’re hoping to make a lasting and impactful connection with thousands of travelers by creating opportunities that will fulfill a personal need or desire and result in an unforgettable Allegiant experience.”
New routes announced include:
Nonstop Service to McCarran International Airport (LAS) from:
- Sonoma, California – begins May 19, 2016
- Albuquerque, New Mexico – begins June 2, 2016
Nonstop Service to Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) from:
- Akron / Canton, Ohio – begins May 19, 2016
- Wichita, Kansas – begins May 25, 2016 and ends Aug. 13, 2016
- El Paso, Texas – begins May 27, 2016 and ends Aug. 15, 2016
- Evansville, Indiana – begins June 2, 2016
Nonstop Service to Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS) from:
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida – begins May 26, 2016 and ends Aug. 14, 2016
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma – begins May 26, 2016 and ends Aug. 14, 2016
- Knoxville, Tennessee – begins May 27, 2016 and ends Aug. 15, 2016
- Memphis, Tennessee – begins May 27, 2016 and ends Aug. 15, 2016
Nonstop Service to Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) from:
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania – begins May 19, 2016 and ends Sept. 18, 2016
- Toledo, Ohio – begins June 3, 2016 and ends Sept. 26, 2016
- Stewart, New York – begins June 16, 2016 and ends Sept. 25, 2016
Nonstop Service to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX):
- Memphis, Tennessee – begins June 2, 2016 and ends Aug. 14, 2016
- Reno, Nevada – begins June 9, 2016
Nonstop Service to Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) from:
- Columbus, Ohio – begins May 25, 2016 and ends Aug. 13, 2016
- Asheville, North Carolina – begins May 27, 2016 and ends Aug. 15, 2016
- Belleville, Illinois – begins May 27, 2016 and ends Aug. 15, 2016
- Indianapolis – begins June 2, 2016
Nonstop service to New Orleans via Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY):
- Tulsa, Oklahoma – begins May 26, 2016 and ends October 16, 2016
Nonstop service to Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA):
- Sonoma, California – begins May 26, 2016
Nonstop service to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS):
- Albuquerque, New Mexico – begins June 2, 2016
Allegiant’s innovative business model has allowed it to grow from one plane and one route 16 years ago, to offering access to low-cost, nonstop travel over 100 communities nationwide, more than any other domestic low-cost carrier. Allegiant also offers discounts on vacation packages, including hotels, rental cars and attraction tickets, through its website Allegiant.com.
* Allegiant Announcement Day Refund Eligibility
ELIGIBILITY: EMPLOYEES (AND THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILIES) OF ALLEGIANT TRAVEL, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, VENDORS, MEDIA PARTNERS, ADVERTISING AGENCIES, TRAVEL AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES OF ASSOCIATED AIRPORTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
The first 22 seats purchased on each of the 22 newly announced routes will be refunded based timestamp of seat purchase. Limit one (1) refund per person. Purchases made through the Allegiant.com website or through the Allegiant Travel Center to be eligible for refund. Offer valid through March 30, 2016.
Twenty-two (22) refunds per new route:
- Full refund of customer’s airfare itinerary, including airfare and airfare-related ancillary fees.
- Government fees and taxes will not be refunded.
- ELIGIBLE ROUTES: CAK-SFB, STS-LAS, MDT-MYR, ICT-SFB, LCK-JAX, FLL-VPS, STS-IWA, TUL-MSY, OKC-VPS, AVL-JAX, BLV-JAX, ELP-SFB, MEM-VPS, TYS-VPS, ABQ-AUS, ABQ-LAS, EVV-SFB, IND-JAX, MEM-LAX, TOL-MYR, RNO-LAX, SWF-MYR
Refund recipients will be notified within 48 hours of their refund. Actual refund may take 7 – 10 business days to process.
Las Vegas-based Allegiant Travel Company (NASDAQ: ALGT) is focused on linking travelers in small cities to world-class leisure destinations. The company operates a low-cost, high-efficiency, all-jet passenger airline through its subsidiary, Allegiant Air, while also offering other travel-related products such as hotel rooms, rental cars, and attraction tickets. All can be purchased through the company website, Allegiant.com. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Best Small Companies by Forbes Magazine for five consecutive years. In 2014, AVIATION WEEK ranked Allegiant the Top-Performing Airline in North America for the third consecutive year. For downloadable press kit, including photos, visit: http://gofly.us/YFuyb.